Lucid Dreams

Today's post is a slight departure from the usual computer related blogging. I found a tutorial on how to improve your chances of having a lucid dream which sounded like a bunch of fun. These are really cool dreams in which you're aware that you're dreaming. You can then take control of your dream and change things to what you want them to be. Awesome eh?

I've actually had 2 lucid dreams in my life, both incredible experiences. The first I was just walking around in my house until I realized I was dreaming. Then I went outside and tried to fly. I wasn't very successful, I got a little hover going but not much more than that. I just couldn't force myself to forget basic physics, maybe I'll imagine wings or a jet pack next time. Still, simply being able to decide what happened next in a dream was an amazing feeling.

My second experience was much cooler. It was also the first time I noticed vibrant colours in a dream. I was walking around a city in which all the buildings were without windows and painted ridiculously bright colours. Skyscrapers of neon blues, reds and yellows. Very trippy. The city was deserted until I met a blond girl. I can't remember what we talked about but after a while she taught me how to teleport myself. So we spent the rest of the dream teleporting from roof top to roof top around the city. Strange dream but I woke up with a smile on my face, which is a fantastic way to start the day.

Anyways, try it out and post a comment if it works for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment