Tutorials

I love writing tutorials. But lately I've been thinking. Sure, its great how a tutorial shows another person how to do some cool trick you've just figured out, but its not really teaching them how to do tricks of their own.

So, from now on, I'm going to try writing my tutorials in a different style. Instead of providing step by step instructions, with all relevant commands printed out. I'm just going to tell you what to do and provide links to pages that will help you figure out the actual commands. Hopefully, this will not only show you great sites to browse for information but teach you more of what a comand can do beyond what's needed to complete the tutorial.

The idea of teaching a man to fish, rather than eat for a day really appeals to me, and I hope this experiment is successful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment